1. How many pairs of breeches do you own?
I own three. A thin one for summer, a medium one for all weather, and a thick one for winter. Although I'm thinking of adding a second winter one..brrr!
2. How many horses have you ridden?
Seven altogether - but a couple of them were friends horses that I took on the occasional trail ride so it's not like I rode them a lot. My favorite though is this guy ^.^
3. How many trainers have you had?
Two very wonderful trainers. My first trainer was a really nice lady who helped me gain confidence on a horse. My second and current trainer is not only an amazing rider, but a wonderful teacher and is helping me learn to be a rider and horse-partner.
4. How many barns have you ridden at?
Two - started at a hunter/jumper. I'm now at a barn that focuses mainly on dressage, but they have the occasional jumping and trail ride lesson.
5. What is the name of the horse you consider yourself to have the greatest bond with?
Right now I would have to say Max, for obvious reasons, but also because we connected from the first time I hopped on. I had this same feeling with my friend's lovely Arabian named Suki, who I absolutely adore. It was in remembering that feeling I had with Suki that helped finalize my decision to purchase Max.
6. What is your favorite show name that you've encountered?
Double Dare Heir of course!
7. What do you consider your greatest weakness or flaw in riding?
My jelly muscles and their inability to maintain a good position. Darn those weak core muscles! *mental note* must do crunches every day till rock hard abs are achieved!
8. What do you consider to be your greatest strength?
It would have to be doing my homework. If my trainer gives us something to work on, she will usually see an improvement in that area the next time we meet. Now if I could only put it all together nicely...
9. Have you ever leased a horse?
Yes. A lovely palomino QH named Cooper who I leased for a year. I love him very much, but sadly he has been retired.
Like Max, Cooper loved to jump. Please ignore bad rider position!
Wearing a flower garland I made for a Halloween hunter pace.
10. What is the name of the first horse you rode?
I rode a lovely horse named Cajun for the first time almost five years ago. I want to thank him from the bottom of my heart for giving me the horse bug. I am now infected for life!