Translate

Friday, August 8, 2014

Training: Moving forward

 Saturday 08/08/2014

Goals: Forward and roundness.

Process:
  • Warm up. 
  • Flat work around and over poles and one small jump based on this jump course
  • Cool down loop through forest and hand-walk along road. 


Other things to do:
  • Practice polo wraps. 
  • Bath Max. 
  • Clean and disinfect the scratches on his chest. 
  • Disinfect all brushes. 
  • Try on new medium blanket to see if it fits.

What happened:

Warmed up with free walk for about 8 minutes and then into trot and canter in a light seat to help him out a bit. My big butt can get kinda heavy!

woohoo!


Then we walked 10m circles and shallow loops along the center line. When I finally asked for a trot he was nice and forward! Yay! I think that warm-up really helps. It does take a while and honestly it can feel a little boring...but hey...I'm on my horse...it can never get TOO boring ^.^  So I believe we did manage to achieve forward and roundness this ride ^.^

We trotted over the 'jump' course I set up - which was pretty much a cross-rail and three super low poles. He did fantastic. Then we cantered them. He did great as well, and I think he had a blast!

For meee?


After our fun work-out I took Max out to the woods to cool down and to do some hills at a walk. 

We came across a family of deer and he was pretty looky. They passed by quietly though and so all was well. Suddenly two fawns appeared in front of us on the trail. Uh oh...I admit I was nervous...I had no idea how Max would react, so I halted. The fawns stepped towards us tentatively and Max pricked his ears up at them. Then they dashed away in the blink of an eye!

What did Max do? 

Absolutely nothing...didn't even bat an eye. In fact, I think he was even laughing at me a little. Silly human..all nervous over a couple of baby deer.

I don't know what I've done to deserve such a wonderful horse.

Well after our little adventure, we took a short walk on the road and he did great there too. Then it was bath time.

He's pretty naughty during the bath. Stepping here, stepping there, pawing, neighing. Boy..it's just water and soap just settle down already! Eventually he did and I managed to get him squeaky clean.

after bath grass reward


He had some bumpy itchies on his chest a few days ago and after some applications of Miracle Mist I'm glad to say they are pretty much gone! I washed the area with apple cider + water anyway just in case. Hopefully it'll all be gone in a couple of days.

Now to plan on tomorrow's ride!! Hooray for weekends!!



No comments:

Post a Comment